Sunday, January 15, 2006

Today was quite a full day. I got up at 8:30 to get ready for mass. We left at 10:30 (and no it did not take me 2 hours to get ready. I just wanted to make sure I got a chance to shower.) SO we found this church yesterday on our way to the train station by accident. So of course when we wanted to find it on purpose, it was not an easy task. Eventually we did find it and were only 10 minutes late. Mass was really fun!! We got to say all the prayers in Italian and it wasn't very traditional. It kind of reminded me of a hippy mass because the music was played on guitar and when you looked at them playing the guitar, i guess i thought at least the woman looked like a free spirit. And there were all these little kids and they were so cute! During the Hosana in the Highest prayer, one kid was rocking out to it (because it was a song). It was making me crack up. :o) As one girl said on the way back, "If you put me in a world with self-sufficient dogs and little kids, I could be completely happy. I wouldn't even have to eat. I would just live off of the happiness." I liked that last part a lot. Italian kids are really cute!
We got back to Casa Artom at like 12:45 and then we went to see a soccer game at 1:30. It was like an hour long walk and we had already walked for about an hour today. So here are some of the highlights from the walk:

The Prada and Versace stores are right next to each other. We had just past other places, too, like Gucci. When we were walking back there was a line out the door to get into Gucci. I just thought this was pretty funny.
The view across the canal from St. Mark's. The buildings are so amazing. We were talking about them and how no one could make them nowadays, and then you just look across the canal and there's another AMAZING building RIGHT THERE! Incredibile!










The street we walked down past St. Mark's. I just really liked the buildings.














A "Far West" arcade ride for kiddies. It was really cute!












More arcade games. There was some fair happening along the canal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home