welcome to my blog. i set this up a few nights ago but had problems posting, so sorry for the delay!
the name of my lovely blog comes from "Venice Queen" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers and even though my name's not Gloria (as it is in the song), i still find the title quite appropriate. as do others i'm sure. ;o)
today was surprisingly busy. a group of us met at the train station. Most of us are going to Rome, but other people are going to Sicily and Naples. I also bought a Eurail pass and we tried to find Olympic tickets but were unsuccessful. We might go to speed skating and we can always buy them online. I really would have liked to see bobsledding, just so I could see the Jamaicans. (Jon knows how much I love Cool Runnings and I would have gone just to sing their theme song, which is now stuck in my head.)
Aunt Sally I am sorry for my grammatical errors and if Aunt Jerry reads this, then I am even more sorry for my grammatical errors. And Jon I'm sorry that some of it is correctly capitalized and part of it is not. I will try to capitalize appropriately so as not to disturb you while you are reading of my adventures.
After the train station a lot of people went to Panorama, which is a shopping center, apparently similar to Walmart, on the mainland where you can get everything you could possibly want for free. A small group of decided to just walk back to Casa Artom because we didn't need anything.
This is the only thing I have done all day. I know that doesn't sound like a lot. But in Venice, there are a thousand and one ways to get somewhere. We took a round about way to get to the train station and stopped for lunch. Then coming back we got semi-lost and took a MAJOR round about way. So I spent a good 3 or so hours walking because we left at 11:30 and didn't get back until 4:30 or so.
I am now thoroughly exhausted. Tonight we are going to see "Match Point" at the movie theater in Venice and I think that will be really interesting. (I can't stop thinking of Eva and her, "I thought that was about Venice!" comment after we saw the preview. It makes me laugh a lot.)
Now let's see if I can post some pictures on this thing. I promise I will have more interesting stories to tell and will update on the past couple of days, including the trip to the market later.

1 Comments:
I think your writing is wonderful Marisa. I'm finding very few grammatical errors! Sounds like you are really having blast!!
I love you,
Aunt Sally
PS In a few weeks, go to mccrory.memoriesbypatrick.com and you will be able to see wedding pictures! Your mom can buy them on line.
Post a Comment
<< Home